Third-Party Voter Registration
NOTICE: On May 31, 2012, a federal court granted a partial injunction against enforcement of certain aspects of Floridaís law and rule regarding third-party voter registration organizations (3PVROs). Rule 1S-2.042 (eff. 12-5-12) implements the courtís decision.
- Third-Party Voter Registration (3PVRO) Important Information (pdf,180kb)
- Guidelines - Third Party Voter Registration Organizations - (DE Guide 0012-updated 09/2014)(pdf, 295kb)
- Voter Promoter School District Campaign (pdf,16kb)
- What is a Third-Party Voter Registration Organization?
- What organizations are currently registered?
- How Do I Register as a Third-Party Voter Registration Organization?
- How does my organization update or withdraw it's registration as a Third-Party Voter Registration Organization?
- Who do I contact for more information?
On This Page:
- DS-DE 119 - Third-Party Voter Registration Organization Registration Form (eff. 09/2012)(pdf, 273KB)
- DS-DE 121 - Complaint Against Third-Party Voter Registration Organization (eff. 06/2011)(pdf, 160KB)
- DS-DE 124 - Supervisor of Electionsí Accounting of Third-Party Voter Registration Organizationís Voter Registration Applications (eff. 06/2011)(pdf, 141KB)
Links to forms
What is a Third-Party Voter Registration Organization?Back
A third-party voter registration organization means any person, entity, or organization that collects any voter registration application, but does not include:
- a person who seeks only to register to vote or collect a voter registration application from that personís spouse, child, or parent;
- a person engaged in registering to vote or collecting voter registration applications as an employee or agent of the Division of Elections, supervisor of elections, DHSMV, or an official voter registration agency.
What organizations are currently registered?Back
To view a list of all active and withdrawn organizations, please click here
How Do I Register as a Third-Party Voter Registration Organization?Back
Prior to engaging in any voter registration activities, a third-party voter registration organization 3PVRO must register by submitting Form DS-DE 119 as an e-mail attachment in pdf format to 3PVRO@dos.myflorida.com or transmitting it to the Division’s facsimile machine at 850-245-6291. Upon approval, the Division will assign the 3PVRO an ID # before the 3PVRO can conduct voter registration activities. See the 2012 version of s.97.0575, Fla. Statutes and Rule 1S-2.042 .
How does my organization update or withdraw its registration as a Third-Party Voter Registration Organization?Back
A 3PVRO must use Form DS-DE 119 to update or withdraw its registration. The form must be submitted as an e-mail attachment in pdf format to 3PVRO@dos.myflorida.com or faxed to the Division at 850-245-6291. See the 2012 version of s.97.0575, Fla. Statutes and Rule 1S-2.042.
Who do I contact for more information?Back
Bureau of Voter Registration Services 3PVRO Coordinator; Phone: 850-245-6290; Fax: 850-245-6291. Email: 3PVRO@dos.myflorida.com.