Florida Division of Elections
Fill-In Forms Instructions
Department of State fill-in forms use the features provided with Acrobat 3.0 products. Currently, there is no computation, validation or verification of the information you enter and you are still responsible for entering all required information (instructions may require some information to be handwritten on the form).
To view, complete and print Department of State fill-in forms you'll need the freely available Acrobat 3.0 Reader (or later) software installed on your computer. Acrobat Reader does not allow you to save your completed forms to disk. The ability to save completed forms is available commercially with the Adobe Acrobat 3.0 (or later) product suite.
Completing the Form
- Download the form. Your web browser may be configured with an Acrobat plug-in to automatically open the file within your browsers window upon download. To download the file directly to disk, right click on the form title link then select "Save Target/Link As.." when presented with a menu
- Use Acrobat 3.0 to open the file if necessary.
- Select the hand tool from the Acrobat toolbar menu. You can use the hand tool to move the page around so that you can view all the areas on it.
- Position the hand pointer inside a form field and click. The I-beam pointer allows you to type text. The arrow pointer allows you to select a field, a check box, a radio button, or an item from a list.
- Press Tab to accept the field change and go to the next field.
- Press Shift + Tab to accept the field change and go to the previous field.
- Use your mouse to select an area of the form that is not inside a form field before printing your form. If a form field is active (contains the blinking bar) the contents will not print.
- If the fill-in form is displayed within your web browsers window be sure to use the printer button on the Acrobat toolbar menu to print the form instead of your web browsers print function.